It is an excellent summary of the many discussions and ideas that came through during the workshop. The key recommendations are briefly outlined here:
- That a Tiny Homes Working Group is formed as a formal network of Q Shelter comprising people who express interest and have a diversity of skills and backgrounds that can assist with the implementation of practical projects and key actions. The role of this group would be to:
- Promote and support tiny home solutions
- Work with the different levels of Government to progress a favourable and consistent regulatory framework that is supportive of tiny homes
- Explore funding and finance options
- Advance a Tiny Home One Stop Shop to provide practical support to projects.
- Advance a practical tiny house project with reference to the scenarios developed in the workshop and possibly with a focus on older women.
- Run the Deep Dive Session in other LGAs.
- All participants and housing champions are encouraged to promote and support the potential of tiny houses as part of a broader housing system and assist with the distribution of resources and information.
We’re looking forward to progressing these actions! Are you?